Sunday, March 18, 2012

Atheism in Black America (Lecture)

The following is a link to a lecture I did recently for The Austin Community of Atheist's weekly lecture series. There are a few corrections/retractions I need to make first. I mentioned that "My best friend is a minister...". Maurice is one of my closest friends and he is a church organizer not an ordained minister. I also said, when speaking about my aunt and my cousin, "... neither of them have spoken to me since." Actually, my aunt is still quite cordial to me. My cousin, however, chose Jesus Christ over me.


4 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed this talk. Although I am not black or an american it did always confuse me why the black community in the states is so very religious. Some answers & many insights can be found here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I have been a big fan of the Atheist Experience and of the ACA, they made me discover I was an atheist. It's really cool to see you giving this lecture.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your lecture. It was entertaining and informative. I hope we'll be hearing a lot more from you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its really refreshing to hear other black people putting logic above mysticism, spirituality, religion.. I spent an hour yesterday trying to convence my cousin that evolution exists.

    ReplyDelete